Dear dear darling I,
You are 5 years, 2 months and 11 days old today!
You are so many things at the same time, it’s hard for me to find all the right words. I can literally feel the neurons in my brain preparing for a task that demands great focus and make sure I don’t forget any details
- You are feisty, sassy, sweet, loving, loud, crazy, smart – everything bottled together in a girl with big black eyes, stubby nose, cute bangs on your forehead and an effervescent smile.
- One thing I can say for sure – it’s very very hard to ignore you when you are in a room. You demand attention and make sure people are looking at you 🙂
- At 5, you love love love books – this is one thing that makes me & your dad tremendously happy. I have been a book worm all my childhood and I am so proud to see that you are on your way to becoming one as well.
- You love playing piano and are taking classes. You still haven’t understood the joy of music and the great happiness it brings when you are fully immersed in it. I am hoping that will happen soon (I can wait few years :))
- You want to learn to dance – but we need to figure out what is the best fit – Ballet is proving to be not the right choice – may be gymnastics this year?
- You are doing great at school – your phonics, writing and reading are awesome
- You are good at math with objects, but struggle a bit with mental math
- You love to pretend play and just enjoy scaring your little brother with your ferocious growls as you play the lion or tiger
- You still want to talk all the time and generally don’t let others have a conversation (unless you are immersed in a book) – and you get upset if we are talking or not focused on you – this we need to work on.
- You have completely given up afternoon naps from the time you turned 4 and by evening you get cranky – this we need to work on as well 🙂
- You love to sing and make up songs as you go
- You have a good eye to detail – something I love love 🙂
- You love to play with little brother S, sometimes you become the bossy big sister and sometimes you are the loving sis.
- You do show patience when S hits you, but then the patience doesn’t last more than 30 seconds 😀
You are the firecracker in the house and I hope you always stay that way, sweety.
Love, love, love you darling,